Gravity IT Resources
Position: Data Analyst
Type: 6-month contract
The Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Team is an iterative, fast-paced environment working to drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve enterprise challenges, and help our client become the industry leader in sustainability. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about our client’s business, its platforms, and relevant technologies.
The role will help to solve sustainability issues for our client, including end-to-end analytics of sustainability event life cycle; maintain emissions data and systems uploads; administer remissions requirements; coordinate data uploads and synchronization; and support automation processes. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working on issues until they are successfully resolved. The candidate will also have a passion for helping our client identify and promote sustainability risks and opportunities.
The successful candidate will embody the Chewy Operating Principles, with a particular emphasis on the ability to Accelerate Time, Operate at Depth, Deliver Results, all while Earning Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor of Science preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility in data analytics
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and optimizing large-scale initiatives
- Data mining, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal/team communication skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to use data and metrics to complete root cause analyses
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Passion for sustainability
- Advanced education in Computer Science, Engineering, Sustainability
- Expertise with SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, and Sharepoint
- Knowledgeable in Alation, KNIME, Splunk, Vertica, and Snowflake
- Familiar with Workiva, Persefoni, and CSR Hub
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts and communicate with leadership