Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Referral Fee: +/- $250 plus +/- $120/Month
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Sr. level Data Analyst responsible for understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes on data, capturing, analyzing and documenting data requirements and supporting the communication with and delivery of solutions to the stakeholders. Experience on projects involving data analysis, data mapping, data integration and data warehousing is required for this role.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years of Data Analysis and solid experience with SQL and various BI tools. We have a strong preference for candidates with the CDMP or CBIP certification.
Our client is a $15B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Elicit, understand, interpret and represent business requirements for data, information delivery and analytics, data integration, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
- Act as the conduit between the customer and technical teams to ensure requirements are understood
- Understand source systems and its data models
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Validate that data integration, data movement, and warehouse meets requirements and service-level agreements
- Develop source to target mappings (STTM) for data lineage
- Analyze data to validate business domains and requirements
- Conduct data profiling and ensure data quality requirements are accurate and complete
- Act in an advisory capacity in data model reviews, architecture approach and solution design to ensure high quality deliverables
- Coordinate prototype reviews
- Execute and promote data management strategy
- Work with Quality Assurance teams in defining the QA strategy, test plans and use cases to validate data
- Communicate planned and unplanned activities to appropriate parties as needed
Required Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years experience working as a data analyst leveraging BI tools in a centralized data warehouse environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with SQL with an understanding of different data structures (flat files and RDMS)
- 3+ years experience with data modeling concepts and techniques
- Proven experience on projects involving data integration, data warehousing, data cleansing and data conversion process and/or tools
- Experience working with Teradata Data Warehouse or other RDMS
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed