Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Data Domain Architect
Location: Cleveland, Ohio (can be remote)
Job-Type: Full Time
Referral Fee: $3,750
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Data Domain Architect that will provide leadership, direction, and accountability for strategic architecture plans, system design, and implementation standards for the data domain.
The ideal candidate will establish and continually evaluate and iterate on a data technology roadmap that will best meet the business needs and enterprise data organizational goals. They will also be accountable for data domain architecture decisions and technology investments, managing the overall data domain technology roadmap to support the overall data strategy, in alignment with enterprise guidance and vision.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company and leader in the Chemical industry. Their Worldwide headquarters is based in Cleveland. This role can either sit in Cleveland or be remote for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction, and accountability for strategic architecture plans, system design, and implementation standards for the data domain.
- Lead efforts to ensure data capabilities are operating efficiently, accurately, and with high quality.
- Establishes and continually evaluates and iterates on a data technology roadmap that will best meet the business needs and enterprise data organizational goals, while considering fundamental business drivers, current systems, as well as their components and relationships.
- Collaborate with programs & projects to understand data dependencies, anticipate risks, and identify opportunities. Guide data project decisions based on the direction of data domain roadmap.
- Contribute data domain expertise to feasibility, complexity assessments of potential future initiatives.
- Partner with the Data leadership, IT Leaders, and Enterprise Architecture to manage the data architecture in support of data vision, strategy, and execution that meets the data related business' needs.
- Develops an integrated view of data capabilities and processes, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry best practices and techniques.
- Provides consulting and makes technology recommendations to tackle data transformation initiatives, help mature existing data capabilities, or enable new data capabilities.
- Accountable for data domain architecture decisions and technology investments, managing the overall data domain technology roadmap to support the overall data strategy, in alignment with enterprise guidance and vision.
- Facilitate the process of defining and publish data standards, best practices, data capabilities, and data roadmap, synchronized with the overall enterprise future state architecture.
- Create conceptual and logical models following the enterprise guidance to describe a particular domain of data and use these models to inform the physical design of data-related projects.
- Conduct data domain research and development, identify new data capabilities and technologies, determine their applicability to data business use cases, document, communicate and provide recommendations.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 14+ years IT or Business experience.
- 8+ years of Data Architecture experience in a complex data ecosystem, data hub, data domain expertise with complex high-tech environments.
- 4+ years of building both traditional and cloud native architectures and big data platforms in support of digital transformation.
- Experience with a multi-ERP Global Technology Footprint.
- Deep understanding of digital manufacturing and IoT in factory and supply chain, preferred.
- Current hands-on experience with industry leading data management tools that support the data lifecycle, and capable of setting and driving long term data architecture roadmaps.
- Current hands-on experience with one or more relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Data Modeling tools
- Experience in at least three to five data competencies; i.e., Data Virtualization, Data Modeling, ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, Business Intelligence and Analytics Data Science, MDM, Metadata Management and Data Governance.
- Experience with data integration patterns, techniques, and technologies
- Experience with Agile (scrum) methodologies – preferred
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and algorithmic problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management – preferred
- In-depth experience with driving data transformation initiatives.
- Experience with utilizing one or more Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, SAFe, etc) – strongly preferred