Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Hybrid – Deerfield Beach, FL
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $2,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
The Data Platform Engineer is responsible for implementation, designing, developing, debugging, integrating, transforming, consolidating, and troubleshooting structured and unstructured data systems for analytic and relational solutions. They will assist stakeholders, and team members to understand data through exploration, and strategy. Their main responsibilities include building out data processing pipelines, administering, managing, and building out structural and nonstructural Azure data platform solutions, applying and implementing secure data principles and patterns, creating advanced and optimized queries. They will work on many platforms such as Azure SQL, Mongo, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and Amazon RDS. This role will work closely with Solution Architects, Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, QA Engineers, Project Managers, Information Security Engineers, and Delivery Managers.
What You Will Be Doing
Tech Breakdown (Coding and Collaboration)
- 30% Data Exploration and Design (Security, Research, Quality, Performance, Design)
- 30% Data Pipeline Development (Secure Development, Implementation, Unit Testing)
- 20% Azure Data Management (Provisioning, Authentication, Authorization, Monitoring)
- 20% Software Deployment (DevSecOps, Release management)
- Must be a team player with get it done attitude
- Eager to share knowledge with teammates in all forums and eager to learn from them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including Continuous Integration Continuous Development (CI/CD) models.
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- 8+ years of Software development with relational databases. Preferably .Net – C# – SQL
- Demonstrable debugging skills in MS SQL desired.
- Demonstrable experience with Relational and Non-relational databases.
- Demonstrable experience building data pipelines, transformations, analytical environments
- Demonstrable experience with Azure Data Platform (Synapse, SQL, Cosmos DB, Databricks, Machine Learning workspace)
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Solution Architects, DevOps and Information Security teams to understand data requirements for software development in an Agile environment
- Compose and maintain detailed design specifications and component documents.
- Design alongside a team of engineers focusing on ‘data first’ thinking while incorporating different end user experiences.
- Embrace and follow best practices and coding standards (e.g., code reviews, logging and instrumentation, static/dynamic code analysis, code coverage, unit, integration tests).
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Nice to have skills:
- Informatica IICS
- Informatica Power Center
- Azure Databricks
- Big Data concepts
- Data Lake concept
- Machine Learning concepts
Nice to have 1 or more certifications:
- Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Azure Cosmos DB Specialty
- Azure Administrator Associate
- Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert