Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Data Engineer
Job Type: FTE
- Responsible for eliciting, understanding, interpreting, and representing business requirements.
- Act as the conduit between the customer and technical teams to ensure requirements are understood.
- Responsible for understanding business processes to develop business models.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the use of data as well as educate teams on business model, metadata, and standards.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior associates.
- Acts as a change agent in support of operational improvements.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines and procedures to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for understanding source systems and its data models.
- Develop source to target mappings for data lineage.
- Document source architecture to include data flows.
- Responsible for analyzing data to validate business domains and requirements.
- Responsible for data profiling and ensuring data quality requirements are accurate and complete.
- Act in an advisory capacity in data model reviews, architecture approach and solution design to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Responsible for partnering with management and business units on innovative ways to successfully utilize data and related tools to advance business objectives.
- Works with governance council to establish data governance standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for active involvement with Quality Assurance teams in defining the QA strategy, test plans and use cases to validate data.
- Responsible for providing day to day support, troubleshooting and incident management and resolution.
- Responsible for communicating planned and unplanned activities to appropriate parties as needed.
- Support SET BUIT Pre-project data assessments
- Support SET BUIT conversion of Tableau / Cognos to Microsoft PowerBI
- Provide ad hoc support for Business reporting requests
- Assist with business data lake testing / experimentation
- Assist with coordinating data dictionary completions
- Mentor Project DA resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 7 years of related professional experience. Degree in technology related area preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a data analyst leveraging Business Intelligence tools in a centralized data warehouse environment.
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with SQL.
- 5+ years’ experience with data modeling concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerBI, PowerApps, PowerAutomate) a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics365
- Well versed in data management concepts, data lifecycle and methodologies.
- Must be willing to become certified in Data Management.
- Must exhibit strong thought leadership.
- Skillful at applying business and technical skills to drive innovation and performance improvement.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as, good organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated facilitation and meeting management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the unique needs of the customer and translate to actionable results while delivering high quality outcomes.
- Ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams to drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within and between individuals and cross-functional teams.
- Must enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as autonomously.
- High achievement orientation with a willingness to learn.
- Possess a solid overall understanding of technology concepts, trends, and capabilities.
- Exhibit a strong desire to understand the organization, its industry, and its strategies.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, a plus.
- Must exhibit strong customer service orientation.
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed.