Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Job-Type: Contract – Hire
Referral Fee: $100/month
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a highly skilled Math/Statistics professional for the role of Data Scientist
The ideal candidate will possess strong math and statistical analysis skills. Comprehensive knowledge of Optimization is required – operations research-type background, mixed integer linear programming, etc.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company and leader in the Chemical industry. Their Worldwide headquarters is based in Cleveland.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Optimization (operations research-type background, mixed integer linear programming, etc.), and simulation of supply chain processes (discrete event simulation)
· Independent solution-crafters that can interface with the business, start from gathering data and proceed through algorithmic development using the appropriate statistical rigor. Those solutions would then be scaled through the more data engineering and coding areas of our Data Science team.
· Strong visualization skills
· Advanced in math, science, stats or a combination of the three
Required Experience & Skills:
· Strong experience in Math, Science, and/or Statistics – 3-5 years
- Coding experience (python, R, etc.).
· Customer Behavior and Retail Sales