Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Job-Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Database Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of data and database solutions. The Database Engineer is also responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of database hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and guidelines.
Our is building the next generation of healthcare technology solutions that will define innovation and performance. Our team of expert’s craft customized solutions for our clients through superior customer service, robust project management, and agile methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support 1.5 Terabyte databases running multiple versions of Oracle and Postgres 9.5.
- Design, implement and support database clustering and streaming replication to multiple slaves.
- Resolve replication issues when slaves are not in sync.
- Monitor database performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Administer Oracle 12.1 databases in Amazon Web Services and the Oracle Cloud.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implement new releases; complete maintenance requirements; evaluate computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Work with end users to improve their SQL development skills.
- Support the business analyst with adding/modifying postgres data to the DentalTrac application.
- Create and maintain UNIX shell scripts.
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS.
- Maintain data standards, as they relate to SOC and HITrust Compliance
- Write and update database documentation, including data standards, operational policies and procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain database standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for database administration tasks.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Other plan driven duties and/or responsibility as deemed necessary and appropriate.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in all aspects of database engineering in a multi-database environment.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in Oracle engineering and administration.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in supporting large, 500+ GB databases.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Postgres design, engineering and support.
- Experience with data warehouse tools and concepts.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with OpenStack.
- Experience with ETL.
- Experience with SQL Developer tool.
- Experience with creating UNIX shell scripts.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail under set deadlines.
- Ability to plan and design projects with limited direction.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret State and Federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, fax machine, and copier.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software and systems required.
- Superior organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed