Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: FTE
Our client is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
Our partner is hiring a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for our revolutionary EMR software suite of solutions. You will build and maintain tools, infrastructure, and processes that ultimately improve our uptime record, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure. You will also work hand-in-hand with both software and hardware engineers and architects to ensure that the web platform is always available for millions of users and partners.
You may be a great fit for the DevOps Engineer position IF…
- If you are used to wearing many hats: coder, sysadmin, optimizer, hacker
- If you write single-page scripts that replace thousand-line programs
- If you hear three sentences about a problem and immediately think of a half dozen likely solutions
- If you love taking projects all the way from a vague idea on a whiteboard to a deployment over vast fleets spread across the globe and on the cloud
- If you get systems to click together and start humming
- If it’s not that you try that hard, you’re just that good…
- If you are FEARLESS…
- Build/Design/Implement monitoring and instrumentation tooling.
- Build out and maintain multiple container orchestration environments. Primarily EKS and ECS.
- Participate in the design, implementation and ongoing management of major site applications and subsystems.
- Align engineering development requirements with the capabilities of the site infrastructure.
- Establish the administrative protocols that Technical Operations and Software Engineering use throughout the service life-cycle.
- Participate in the design of architectures and automation that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance and reliability.
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
- Be on-call and an escalation contact during high impact incidents.
- Manage high-traffic, high-availability web services.
- Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed services.
Skills & Requirements:
- Kubernetes/DevOps Engineering: 3+ years (Required).
- Proficient with Kubernetes, Grafana, Cortex, Loki, Tempo and other supporting tools.
- Comfortable working in a transitioning environment with many competing priorities.
- Experience with IaC along with a familiarity of the GitOps model and some of the tools used to enable it.
- Work with many common and not-so-common open-source technologies.
- Keep a cool head under (system) fire and handle regular on-call duty.
- BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience managing Cloud solutions (AWS Preferred).
- Fluent in Linux Scripting (Perl, Python, go and Shell scripting preferred).
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed computing concepts and software a plus.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.