Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Director, DevSecOps
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Referral Fee: +/- $3,000
Our client is a $17B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution, and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
The DevSecOps Transformation Leader is responsible for improving the software delivery practices of the organization. They will lead the Agile COE, the QA Competency Center, and the DevSecOps COE. They will be responsible for the creation of strategy, roadmap, processes, structures, guidelines, architecture and the creation of communities of practice for our DevSecOps Transformation Program.
- This role will drive, in a coordinated fashion, the maturity of our culture, processes, delivery framework, tool suite implementation, and automation required to move the enterprise to a truly digital and continuous delivery culture.
- Apply DevOps thinking – i.e. bring development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together – in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to the business
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for the DevSecOps Transformation Program, including agile software development practices such as Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development, Agile software development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, lean software development, DevSecOps practices, such as continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment, continuous delivery, etc.
- Periodically assess the maturity of the organization in DevSecOps practices and recommend appropriate courses of action to improve organizational maturity
- Conduct strategic, organizational and operational impact assessments and consultation, and develop insight based change recommendations, strategies and plans
- Provide DevSecOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on how the business is best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Actively mentor and coach the organization on DevSecOps practices
- Build business cases to help the enterprise understand the benefits that can be realized from adopting DevSecOps practices
- Develop coaching plan and coach teams to achieve goals based on recommendations, strategies, and plans
- Partner with coaching and transformation teams to support specific transformation initiatives.
- Establish productive, positive relationships with key stakeholders from across Business, Technology, and staff functions, leveraging and developing Agile advocates across the enterprise
- Partner closely with our technology teams to track and report on progress, metrics, strategic insights, dashboards and implementations within specific transformation initiatives.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Successfully led teams through major project engagements that involves Agile & DevOps cultural changes in the client ecosystem.
- Expert knowledge of agile application development practices such as behavior driven development and test driven development
- Strong knowledge of DevOps design patterns, processes and best practices
- 15+ years overall experience covering Application development, Architecture, Quality Assurance and Production support
- 5+ years industry experience in DevOps architecture related to Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions & Platform Automation.
- 5+ years of application development, testing, and implementation experience in an agile environment
- 5+ years of application security experience including architecture, design, testing, and education in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices
- Knowledge of regulations and standards including PCI-DSS, OWASP, and NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Demonstrates clarity of thought and expression to win confidence from peers and management. This includes oral and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Proven track history of taking complex delivery problems and creating leaner, more collaborative solutions.
- Demonstrates and understanding of the cultural and behavior changes required to improve our software delivery practices.
- Has demonstrated the ability to be a passionate, hands-on change agent that leverages teamwork and communication to create high performing organizations.