Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Director, Digital Portfolio and Program Management
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Job-Type: Full Time
Referral Fee: $4,000+
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a highly skilled project management executive for the role of Director, Digital Portfolio and Program Management.
The ideal candidate will possess a significant amount of project management experience that illustrates an increasing level of complexity; managing multiple projects within various parts of the enterprise. EPMO leadership experience is strongly preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of business strategy, financial management, and agile methodology are also required. Must be able to look at the entire technology investment and align with strategy.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company and leader in the Chemical industry. Their Worldwide headquarters is based in Cleveland.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage digital program increments in collaboration with project managers (not directly reported) and stakeholders for the purpose of continuously reviewing, updating, and optimizing the priority mix and ensuring compliance with changing organizational strategies, goals, value creations and objectives.
- Partner with enterprise project managers to ensure all digital program increments meet budget, schedule and scope requirements, and standard project management practices.
- Develops metrics that allow the organization to gauge the success of Digital Program Increments and the Digital Transformation Office investments. Ensures that this data is collected, analyzed, tracked, communicated using performance scorecards, and acted upon.
- Collaborate with IT Finance and project teams to track actual versus expected cost and value for project teams and committed scope. Identify opportunities to improve current funding and allocation model.
- Partner with other IT leaders in orchestrating the development of annual technology portfolios based on business and IT strategies
- Develop Digital Program Increments portfolio performance metrics and value creation. Lead quarterly reviews and priority planning sessions with stakeholders and IT Leadership Team.
- Evaluate Digital Program Increments portfolio financial performance and identify opportunities for improvement in execution of the portfolio
- Consult with business owners as a trusted advisor to assist with program increments aligned with organizational strategies
Required Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of project management experience, EPMO leadership is preferred. Including 8+ years of program management experience in leading large multidisciplinary complex programs in a fast-paced, high pressure, technology environment which required collaboration across groups, with multiple teams located domestically and abroad
- 5+ years of portfolio management a strongly desired
- 5+ years’ experience working and influencing in a cross functional team
- 5+ years’ experience in both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Experience with leading implementation of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI and/or CMMI
- Strong experience successfully meeting major project challenges and delivering successfully, despite project complexity and risk
- Financial acumen to manage and adhere to plans, budgets, and value creation
- Experience with Change Management and Leadership
- Expertise generating advanced activity status and metrics reports.
- Demonstrated leadership experience on multiple large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated leadership. A proven track record of successfully leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions, especially in an international / global environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance.
- Experience in deploying digital platforms, CRM, order management, supply chain is strongly preferred