Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Onsite Dayton, Ohio
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card holder preferred, may sponsor visa candidates.
Referral bonus: $1000-1500
Client designs and manufactures brake and suspension systems for the global transportation market. People, technical centers, manufacturing plants have enabled us to bring to market a legacy of producing suspension components for decades. Come join a fast paced, ever changing organization that is building a winning culture by hiring the best and brightest minds in the industry We are currently hiring for an Engineering Technician. If you meet these requirements, and believe you have a passion for making a real difference in an industry, we would like to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform suspension and mount testing including complete documentation in Solomon database.
- Complete Engineering Work Requests (EWRs) in a timely, error free, and competitive manner to support product development and validation.
- Provide technical support to engineering personnel for issue resolution, stressing both oral and written communication.
- Utilize common practices, procedures, and local work instructions. Document new processes adequately for future use.
- Maintain and develop tools, equipment, fixturing, and software for testing. Adhere to all applicable ISO/TS requirements.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills on both product and testing related problems.
- Always work safely, adhering to all safety rules and regulations that are in place.
- Demonstrate positive leadership skills and a positive attitude.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with automotive suspension and mount components and subassemblies
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with servo-hydraulic (MTS) test equipment and control systems
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical engineering Technology, or Automotive Technology
Physical Factors and Working Conditions:
- Normal office/lab environment
- Required to wear safety glasses. Safety shoes recommended.
- May be required to wear respiratory and hearing protection
- Overtime may be required
- May be required to stand for long periods of time and be capable of bending, stretching, pulling, etc.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures and inclement weather for short periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals; such as brake fluid, oils, fuels, solvents, etc.