Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Enterprise Cloud Architect
Job-Type: Full Time
Referral Fee: $1,500
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a crucial member of the Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence that will be accountable for proactively and holistically leading the development of future-state cloud architecture for the enterprise, in response to disruptive forces, and towards achieving targeted business outcomes. This role is responsible for defining, implementing and communicating the vision of the Barings Cloud platform architectural leadership, oversight, guidance and support to align cloud capabilities and services with the needs of the enterprise. They will lead a community consisting of solution architects and engineers and will serve as the technical leader to design, innovate, and roadmap long-term Cloud and Infrastructure as Code strategies.
The successful candidate will have been involved with multiple cloud and infrastructure transformations from beginning to end throughout their career.
Our client is a leading Asset Management firm in Charlotte.
We are looking for self-directed candidates who are ready to experiment with finding solutions for difficult problems: people who appreciate a challenge, aren't afraid of asking questions, and enjoy working with other
Required Experience & Skills:
- Technically lead the Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE), technical capability architecture, and cloud services design
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle journey aligning to Agile, DevOps, and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology
- Leads the architecture practice and sets strategic direction around IaC to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery such as: vRA, Rightscale, Morpheus, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Partners with cross-functional teams to roadmap technology & business capabilities into executables, as well as to improve efficiencies and reduce operating expenses
- Accountable for identifying, designing, building, and implementing API services and having end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction, delivery effectiveness, and cost transparency
- Establishes, communicates, and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use
- Develops Infrastructure services roadmaps to enable innovation that creates business value in alignment with Barings strategy and operating model
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud when consulting with partners to determine technical requirements, feasibility, cost, and performance
- Strategizes with peers to develop outcomes based services functionality, scalability, and technology
- Collaborates with application architecture teams to develop collaborative designs, solutions, and alternatives to enable application innovation and delivery
- Designs and implements multi-tiered/cross-cloud solutions that are highly available and resilient
- Implements/integrates cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments
- Works with engineering teams to accelerate software delivery
- Maintains deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud and related technologies
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs (business applications, dev/ops, digital applications, network, infrastructure, architecture and delivery).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Application/solution architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) in an enterprise environment
- Leadership experience in a technical environment, preferably in a high performing service environment with quantifiable results
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between technology and the applications/services
- Extensive experience across a diverse spectrum of IT disciplines including Cloud (Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP), IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center
- Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies
- Extensive service management and service delivery experience with global companies
- Ability to see the "big picture" across private and public hosted technology services, identity management, security, network, enterprise storage and data, end user experience, and training/education
- Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures
- Extensive experience managing multi-year MSPs globally improving quality while reducing cost
- Extensive experience overseeing highly diverse technical teams globally, leading innovation & cloud transformation
- Ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed