Gravity IT Resources
Location: Plantation, FL
Work Arrangements: Onsite / Travel
The Field Technician II is responsible for supporting core business technology including office break-fix, equipment deployment and retrieval, and integration projects. The Field Technician II solves high-level problems, performs installation, maintenance, and repair work, supports end-users in person and remotely, and creates and maintains documentation for all areas of Technical Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares new equipment following PA procedures. Ensures workstations are properly configured.
- Installs and configures workstations including standard programs, anti-virus, encryption, and other security programs.
- Ensures license compliance and proper inventory asset management are included in a standard build.
- Transports and installs PCs, MAC and Windows laptops, iPads, network equipment, and other peripherals to and from PA locations. Takes ownership of devices throughout the transportation, deployment, and retrieval process.
- Provisioning iPads in Intune
- Collaborates with various IT escalation paths to resolve incidents and projects that require additional support.
- Meets or exceeds service level agreement metrics for service requests assigned by Supervisor. Service requests may include security incidents, network troubleshooting, or hardware/software issues that require in-depth and advanced knowledge to resolve.
- Communicates with vendors regarding equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Identifies and prepares hardware to ensure information is secured and stripped before safe disposal.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates Degree required; 5 years of experience in the field may substitute for degree requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Network+, Security+ preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Logic and critical thinking skills
- Dependable and detail oriented
- Willingness and aptitude for continuous learning
- In depth knowledge of network operating systems, software and hardware
- In depth knowledge with Intune
- Experience working with Apple MACs and ABM
- Innovative thinking skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with internal staff
- Prioritize and organized high volume work orders practicing excellent time management skills to ensure high quality customer service.
- Ability to travel, work flexible shifts, and adapt to changing work schedules
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Non-patient facing
- Indoor work
- Outdoor work
- Excessive noise
- Operating computer
- Exposure to hazards
- Reach outward, manual dexterity, reach above shoulder
- Lift/Carry 51-100 lbs.; Push/Pull 41-100 lbs.
- Sitting, walking, crawling
- Squatting, kneeling, bending
Typical and fixed work location is the Business Office however this position requires 70% travel for remote projects for multiple days at a time; may include overnight stays and/or weekends