Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Cincinnati Ohio (North)
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: 1700
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements)
Gravity is looking for a Financial Analyst to work at their rapidly growing client company on the north side of Cincinnati. The candidate will primarily be involved with helping with cost accounting, budget planning and other financial related duties for the company. Performs functions with hands-on expertise in budget development processes, including financial and cost accounting, product costing, inventory, and internal control. Handle special projects assigned by management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist cost center leaders with the formulation of budgets, including operating expenses and capital expenditures, inventory budget in accordance with Corporate policies and guidelines;
- Assist with the calculation of planning data, perform data uploads and other duties as required to produce reports in compliance with corporate reporting guidelines;
- Perform detailed operational cost performance analysis, including the preparation of reporting packages for the management meetings;
- Business Partner to Finance Manager & Plant Supervisor
- Maintain proper internal controls
- Reconcile and coordinate regular physical inventory counts
- Perform various ad-hoc financial analysis or other related projects as assigned
- Analyze variances and provide recommendations to promote productivity, efficiency and profitability
- Review and approve product standard cost accuracy including BOMs
- Educate and train staff on plant financials, spend tracking, and operational levers
- Supporting inventory analysis; cycle counts
- Analysis of internal financial information (e.g., profit loss accounts, financial statements;
- working capital, costs, prices, expenses, revenues, rates of return, etc.);
- Analysis of external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g.,inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, etc.);
- Financial modeling to measure and forecast potential impacts of financial transactions and corporate development activities
Required Experience & Skills:
*2-3 years manufacturing finance experience with proven track record. Hands on experience in costing accounting, budgeting processes, inventory and product costing
*Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance
*Strong cost accounting skills, including target costing methodology and standard price system.
*Strong SAP knowledge
*Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
*High level of expertise in MS Office, Excel, SAP, Outlook, PowerPoint.
*Working knowledge of Financial ERP Model, Manufacturing finance experience, Proven skills in budgeting processes, inventory and product costing.