Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer (Frontend Architecture)
Location: Remote (EST)
Type: Full time
US/GC Holders only
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be our organization’s senior-most individual contributor technology leader in front-end architecture. You will be responsible for day-to-day technical design decisions, contribute to the codebase of our most highly visible and technology-complex product builds, and mentor and onboard software developers. This position requires expertise in consumer facing architecture. You will also own the roadmap for developer experience across 10+ software delivery teams. You will be expected to participate in defining the technical and product vision to support a significant transformation targeting how consumers consider, purchase, and plan their cruise vacations. You will also help develop and support governance processes and engineering standards to ensure that team deliverables meet world-class performance, availability, quality, security, and maintainability standards.
- Perform as a hands-on, senior-most software engineer embedded in one or more agile product teams working on our highest-profile and most technically complex software builds.
- Partner in the design and implementation of a unified architecture that is scalable across the eCommerce organization and ensures industry best practices across multiple technology domains.
- Translates industry technology direction to business value and serves as a critical advisor to stakeholders, providing new research and innovative approaches.
- As the senior-most hands-on software development engineer, you own the evolution and roadmap for our developer experience efforts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong strategic capabilities with enterprise-level foresight and mature judgment
- Solid IT implementation and solutions delivery experience
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and consensus-building skills
- Ability to obtain cooperation and build trust internally and externally
- Mature judgment, solid credibility, and ethics
- Ability to build positive working relationships with technology vendors and partners
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with management & peers
- Experience managing technical teams, including interviewing, coaching, and developing people and teams
- Ability to drive innovation in a practical, actionable way
- A solid understanding of software development lifecycle, QA techniques using source code control repositories, and n-tier debugging & testing
- Solid experience developing instrumentation strategies for production systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/math
- A minimum of 10-15+ years of hand on software development experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence software development teams through your expertise and mastery of your craft
- Content Management Systems Performance and Information Architecture
- Responsive Web Design
- React & Angular
- GraphQL & REST
- Amazon Web Services
- Serverless Runtimes
- Node JS
- Enterprise Caching Architectures
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Messaging Based Architecture, e.g., Kafka and MQ
- Micro Service Architecture
- Public-Facing APIs and API Gateways
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Automated Testing Frameworks/Selenium
- Edge Caching Architectures, e.g., Akamai
- Uptime and availability monitoring