Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Miami, FL
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,800
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Service Desk Manager for our family oriented, privately held maintenance/cleaning/security services client.
The ideal candidate will possess 4+ years of experience as a Service Desk or Help Desk Manager and oversee all IT Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of IT Service Desk functions and call center statistics/KPIs, as well as serving as the first point of escalation for performance issues within the Service Desk team and internal/external customer related issues.
The IT Service Desk Manager is also responsible for capacity/process planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s IT Service Desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
Our client is one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned providers of high quality managed services in the United States. This company puts employees first so they in-turn deliver Service Excellence to their clients. Our client has a 50+ year track record of success and private ownership enables responsive, flexible, and client focused services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review incident tickets for content, proper routing, first call resolution, problem detection, and timely closure.
- Track and analyze ticket trends (i.e. incidents and change requests) and generate statistical reports.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the IT Service Desk call center via both telephone, after-hours hotline and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of internal and external end-user issues.
- Maintain Harvard’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) ensuring that all IT assets (PCs, laptops, mobile devices, etc.) are accounted for.
- Review Endpoint Statistics and Workstation Alerts and generate internal tickets
- Assist in Microsoft Workstation Patching verification
- Oversee Mobile Strategy and MDM endpoint solution
- Maintain relationships with multiple vendors and manage invoice processing
- Oversee and maintain inventory levels for standard IT equipment (cell, laptop, monitor, etc.)
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on request trends.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end-users.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of IT Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor IT Service Desk Technicians.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and communicate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes with business units.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Ensure all operational processes are clearly documented and maintained.
- Analyze performance of IT Service Desk activities and documented
- Supervise a team of Service Desk Technicians (SDT)
- Develop job scheduling plans on a weekly basis
- Coach SDTs on technical and functional skills
- Provide annual performance reviews
- Evaluate and hire new staff members as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field or equivalent technical or trade business professional work experience required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in previous Service Desk supervision role is required. Must understand user technology environments and call center technology.
- Demonstrated strong experience with Windows/Desktop support is required for this role.
- Demonstrated IT Service Desk performance metrics/KPIs experience is required. Candidates need to provide concrete examples of IT Service Desk performance KPIs used in the past.
- Jira Service Desk experience a plus.
- MobileIron or AirWatch administration experience a plus.
- Experience with RingCentral call centers a plus.
- Experience with CMDB applications and call center systems a plus.
- Extensive Windows and web-based application support experience.
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and IT Service Desk deliverables.