Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: HR and Payroll System Specialist
Department: ERP Systems
Reports To: Manager, ERP Systems
EEO/FLSA Status: Exempt
What You’ll Do:
HR and Payroll System Specialists are functional experts for client's HR and payroll technologies, including but not limited to Oracle JD Edwards’ HR and Payroll Modules. Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud would be a plus. Their responsibilities include operating and maintaining these technologies, coordinating and supporting system changes, curating documentation, facilitating trainings, and continuously improving operations.
System Operations and Maintenance [40%, Primary Responsibility]
• Provide day to day support for client's HR and payroll technologies, triaging configuration, enhancement, and support requests via ServiceNow and other vendors’ ticketing systems.
• Detect, analyze, troubleshoot, and develop paths to resolution for problems and deficiencies within client's HR and payroll technologies.
• Reinforce adherence to required governance and controls for client's HR and payroll technologies, coordinating audits requests as needed.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for functional questions about capabilities within client's HR and payroll technologies.
• Manage relationships and promote consistent feedback loops with client's HR and Payroll teams, global and local system owners, third party vendors, and other key stakeholders.
System Update Coordination and Support [25%]
• Coordinate and support updates to client's JD Edwards platforms, including Electronic Software Updates (ESUs).
• Review, synthesize, and summarize release notes for client's JDE Edwards platforms, providing recommendations to stakeholders as appropriate.
• Coordinate testing activities for updates, upgrades, and patches to client's HR and payroll technologies, configuring and refreshing test environments as appropriate.
• Prepare deployment, backup, and backout strategies for planned changes to client's HR and payroll technologies.
• Review quarterly changes in HCM Cloud that could impact interfaces to JD Edwards and develop plans to address potential risks.
Documentation and Training [20%]
• Collaborate with stakeholders to document current-state and future-state processes that are supported by client's HR and payroll technologies, with the goal of consistently making progress toward the desired future-state.
• Coordinate and facilitate trainings on changes to client's HR and payroll technologies.
Continuous Improvement [10%]
• Leverage lean, agile, and design thinking best practices to continuously improve the delivery, operations, and maintenance of client's HR and payroll technologies.
• Track and measure results of the team’s continuous improvement efforts, leveraging metrics such as forecasted vs. actual velocity, system performance, and system uptime.
Continuing Education [5%]
• Complete at least one (1) continuing education opportunity every quarter.
• Attend at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every quarter.
• Conduct at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every year.
We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university.
• At least ten (10) years of hands on experience with JD Edwards HR and Payroll modules.
• At least two (2) years of experience working with Oracle HCM Cloud (or similar HR platforms) and supporting organizational workforce structures in a technical role.
• Experience successfully prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience successfully working with others to achieve shared goals.
• Experience providing application support and working with customers to resolve issues.
• Strong understanding of HR and Payroll practices, processes, and technologies.
• Understanding of Lean-Agile values, frameworks, and best practices.
• Understanding of data analytics and business intelligence platforms, with technical experience in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) preferred.
• Understanding of browsers, desktop environments, information systems, software development processes, system integration processes, and development operations.
• Understanding of knowledge management platforms and processes.
• Ability to synthesize, visualize and present data in a clear and compelling manner.
• Passionate about helping stakeholders achieve their desired outcomes.
• Passionate about the intersection of construction, people, and technology.
• Passionate about continuous improvement and consistent value delivery.
• Natural curiosity and a desire to learn from others.
• Strong communication and business writing skills.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed