Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: HR Customer Care Specialist
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: 6 month contract
Reporting to the Manager, HR Shared Services Contact Center, the HR Customer Care Specialist serves as the first point of contact for all inbound inquiries received by telephone, electronically and in writing pertaining to HR policy and procedure, benefits, employee records, compensation, employee relations, talent management, recruiting, compensation, HRIS and payroll.
As a HR Customer Care Specialist, the individual is responsible for handling a range of complex service interaction that require one to quickly assess, clarify and analyze the situation, in a manner that reduces customer effort and promotes a positive customer experience. Based on accurate analysis of a query, the individual must provide a clear, accurate, and authoritative response.
*Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred* – Not a deal breaker if there are other strong candidates, but we are in need of someone who is bi-lingual/proficient in Spanish
Under limited supervision, the HR Customer Care Specialist handles moderate to complex Human Resources interactions with applicants, employees, managers and members of the HR team. The HR Customer Care Specialist position is a training ground for advancement into other HR positions.
• Responds to inbound telephone and email queries regarding HR policy and procedures, benefits, employee records, compensation, employee relations, talent management, recruiting, compensation, HRIS and payroll. These responses will be provided orally and/or in writing in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
• Exercises independent judgment in the interpretation of inquiries and/or determining root cause of an issue, and provides appropriate direction or guidance.
• Demonstrates concern and empathy in all customer interactions, while maintaining a positive and profession demeanor at all times, even under pressure.
• Clearly and concisely documents every interaction with a caller in our Case Management System.
• Acquires and maintains an understanding of processes, procedures and systems used for contact center support.
• Owns final resolution of every issue opened, whether through direct customer interaction or by tracking and completing documentation when a case is resolved through escalation to a HR center of excellence, HR business partner or another business area.
• Identifies and proposes changes and enhancements to procedures and documentation to limit the need for future escalation or to assume additional activities in the HR Shared Services Contact Center.
• Participates in the process design, knowledgebase documentation and implementation for new processes and procedures assumed by the HR Shared Services Contact Center.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 year experience in Human Resources or training and demonstrated customer service experience.
• General HR Knowledge
• Strong problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
• Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to follow-through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards
• Propensity to learn internal systems, applications, processes, and workflow