Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Investment Analyst II
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our client is looking for Investment Analysts to join their team.
The successful candidate will have experience in the accounting / finance space. Candidates must have strong quantitative skills, experience with financial statements, have strong decision making skills, and stellar communication skills.
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth – accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Our client uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online and providing them with funding to meet their working capital needs.
Primary/Essential Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial & non-financial factors to gain an understanding of how some of the best eCommerce companies in the world work.
- Engage with potential customers and provide an invaluable input into the decision as to whether they qualify for funding. You have ownership over the decision and we have your back!
- Use software such as Tableau to work on and improve our automated decision logic and review historical trends.
- Work with Customer Success to manage relationships and funding needs of existing customers.
- Set a positive example for junior team members, allowing them to lean on your experience and skills.
- We’re a start-up! Your work will vary and you will have autonomy over projects that will accelerate our clients growth. Your decisions will have an immediate impact on the entire company.
- 3-5 years of related work experience and solid knowledge within their functional area.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Math, Engineering or Finance.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Process-oriented with an understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- You think Founder first and have a passion for online businesses. They are our only customers. We were born to grow and support eCommerce founders. Their passion for what they do, inspires everything we do.
- You are insatiably curious by nature and eager to understand the key drivers to operating a successful online business! You are inquisitive and love asking questions.
- You are a problem solver and a decisive decision maker, even when all the facts aren’t known.
- You are ambitious, self-motivated, and eager to prove yourself.
- You run hard, are agile, and care deeply about what you do.
Nice to Have:
- Professional qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA etc.
- If you do not meet all this criteria but are a founder or have previous experience in the direct running of a start-up then we would still love to hear from you.
- Experience with eCommerce, fintech, high volume environments strongly preferred.