IT Director, Digital Platform Services
Gravity IT Resources
Core Responsibilities & Tasks
- Strategic Digital Integrations planning for DT organization.
- Run an Agile-based approach for modernization and changes to integrations, as well as manage Agile delivery of APIs and digital integration services.
- Lead digital platform services strategy, adoption, and standardization in partnership with Digital Products & Platform Leads, Architecture, business, and subject matter experts.
- Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem-solving skills with a collaborative and results-oriented leadership style.
- Lead DevOps function and define standard adoption of DevOps practices and toolchain.
- Develop digital native platform strategy with clear objectives and aligned with the business, enterprise DT strategy.
- Communicate effectively with key constituents to reinforce the technology standardization and benefits of adopting standard patterns, and reference architecture.
- Work closely with the Architecture lead in driving the adoption of Microservices architecture for new digital products as well as for the modernization of enterprise applications.
- Ensure a detailed succession plan is in place for both individuals and skills to ensure sufficient staff depth is in place to meet the needs of the business.
- Compile and recommend wants/needs for the annual budgeting process and prepares a presentation to senior DT leadership.
- Manage the digital integration layer blueprint (logical architecture, data flow diagram, deployment architecture, etc.) while identifying new technologies to provide business value.
- Define integration standards, best practices, and reference architectures for application and data integration.
- Ensure that any new technology integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Guide team across the enterprise topology with requirements refinement, solution design, implementation execution, and system selection.
- Focus on defining and leveraging APIs as well as event-driven data streams, as appropriate for solutions. Develop and promote reference architectures for enterprise solutions.
- Provide leadership guidance for global implementations/ initiatives. Engage key business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise; be highly collaborative; drive communication to the business, product, and platform delivery teams.
- Participate in technology implementation reviews to evaluate and ensure that the design being applied meets policies, principles, and standards.
- Enable adoption of high-performance, highly scalable and flexible, secure, cost-effective solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural design and technology strategies.
- Ensure service operations, knowledge management, continuous improvement, service level, performance management, and availability management are operationalized across the DevOps toolchain, Microservices, API & Integrations platforms.
- Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, goals, and career planning. Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Talent Management Office.
- Lead and inspires others to deliver superior customer-oriented results while living the Sherwin-Williams values.
- Establish a framework for Tech Debt management and partner with Enterprise & Domain Architects in the adoption of a framework managing Tech Debt management for the enterprise.
- Conduct activities like staffing, performance, resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
- Apply knowledge of the industry, product, and platform best practices, related technology trends, and vendor future direction to guide clients toward appropriate business solutions.
- Direct, delegate, empower and motivate staff to successfully accomplish objectives, meet responsibilities, and complete tasks.
- Manage the practice of understanding the current technology roadmap of the enterprise in terms of the current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Provide efficient communication and decision support to stakeholders and managers at all levels.
- Establish rapid feedback loops to improve team productivity and adapt to changing business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) or in lieu of a degree, at least 12 years of experience in the field of Information Technology or Business (work experience or a combination of education and work experience in the field of Information Technology or Business).
- Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- 12+ years of IT or Business experience.
- 8+ years leading direct reports.
- 8+ years of experience in implementing leading Digital Integration Platforms, API, and Microservices based architecture.
- Strong experience with CI/CD, Automation, Configuration, Test Engineering, and Application Performance management.
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and being able to practically adapt them to new enterprise needs/ enhancing existing solutions.
- Experience in approaches to systems integration, Event-based and Service Architecture, APIs, API management, data modeling, and integration methods.
- Expertise in many key technical aspects of integration such as Web Services Interoperability, Integration Design patterns, and the ability to formulate solutions in a hybrid environment.
- Solid knowledge of Cloud native, services, and container technologies.
- Experience with modern industry-standard software engineering technologies and toolsets.
- Strong understanding of Agile practices.
- Experience developing and monitoring the delivery of efficient solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Experience in a range of domains including, microservices, enterprise service models, and large data movement.
- Experience identifying and implementing technology operations efficiencies and optimizing solutions.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and build theories for a variety of initiatives.
- Knowledge in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, functions, and organizational structures.
- Strong experience developing documentation, white papers, and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
Technical & Skill Requirements:
- Lead departmental or divisional meetings as requested. Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Assist with various initiatives as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of the current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.