Gravity IT Resources
Core Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide strategic, thought, and technical leadership, vision, and direction for architecture across the enterprise.
- Manage architecture practice in partnership with DT leadership, Domain Architect, business, and subject matter experts focused on understanding business strategies, developing business and information models, and scenario planning to map strategies with business and IT initiatives.
- Partner with Digital Products & Platform Leads, Domain Architects, IT Architecture, and SME(s) to ensure that business, and information capabilities are met by the most efficient, effective use of IT applications, processes, technologies, platforms, and data management.
- Lead the Architecture Assurance process with standardizing inputs, outputs, decision process, and EA management plan to support future state architecture and the overall architecture vision.
- Establish processes to publish and communicate enterprise architecture standards, patterns, and guidelines through published reference architectures and information models.
- Communicate effectively with key constituents to reinforce the benefits of architecture principles, standards, patterns, and reference architecture to ensure that delivery teams are implementing and supporting in alignment with enterprise architecture guidance.
- Ensure a detailed succession plan is in place for both individuals and skills to ensure sufficient staff depth is in place to meet the needs of the business.
- Compile and recommend wants/needs for the annual budgeting process and prepare presentations to senior DT leadership.
- Develop and leverage information architecture tools and techniques, including strategy on a page, strategic planning, business model canvas, disruptions trends, balance scorecard, economic modeling, risk and interdependencies, process models, semantic models, business and information capability modeling, ecosystem modeling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, and human-centric design.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Provide strategic consultation in defining or designing business, information capabilities, roles, processes, functions, and organizational structures, as well as leverage innovation practice to identify and enable emerging technologies to support business goals and objectives.
- Applies principles, concepts, and practices of the Competency Model in establishing the future state architecture.
- Guide team across the enterprise topology with requirements refinement, solution design, implementation execution, and system selection
- Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, goals, and career planning. Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Talent Management Office.
- Lead and inspires others to deliver superior customer-oriented results while living the Sherwin-Williams values.
- Lead and mentor others in the development of business, information architecture artifacts leveraging business and information frameworks and industry best practices/standards.
- Direct, delegate, empower and motivate staff to successfully accomplish objectives, meet responsibilities, and complete tasks.
- Manage team organizational structure with team vision, goals, and defined roles and responsibilities.
- Establish rapid feedback loops to improve team productivity and adapt to changing business needs.
- Conduct activities like staffing, performance, resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
- Apply knowledge of industry, product, and functional best practices, related technology trends, and vendor future direction to guide clients toward appropriate business solutions.
- Manage the practice of understanding the current knowledge of the enterprise business and information architecture in terms of the current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) or in lieu of a degree, at least 12 years of experience in the field of Information Technology or Business (work experience or a combination of education and work experience in the field of Information Technology or Business).
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Business Architect, Open Business Architecture, TOGAF, or similar certifications.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 12+ years of IT or Business experience.
- 8+ years of leading direct reports.
- 8+ years of experience in leading Architecture Practice for the enterprise.
- Strong experience with utilizing one or more Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, SAFe, APQC, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging, and hybrid).
- In-depth experience with business transformation and process redesign methods.
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and being able to practically adopt them to new business designs and business, information models.
- Experience in the development and planning of large-scale strategic IT programs, such as ERP, eCommerce, MDM, CRM, etc.
- Experience leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams.
- Experience developing and monitoring the delivery of efficient solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Extensive experience in approaches to systems integration, software development, Event-based and Service Architecture, APIs, API management, data modeling, and integration methods.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and build theories for a variety of initiatives.
- Experience with information management practices.
- Knowledge in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, functions, and organizational structures.
- Strong experience developing documentation, white papers, and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Good understanding of the APQC framework
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and valuation metrics development.
- Lead departmental or divisional meetings as requested. Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Assist with various initiatives as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of the current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.