Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: IT Service Desk Technician – Level I
Referral Fee: $1200
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for IT Service Desk Technician – Level I.
The ideal candidate will possess CompTIA. Comprehensive knowledge of Jira or a similar ticketing system is also required.
Our client is one of five entities working to serve the business community in the janitorial and protection services areas. Our partner is two of the largest and fastest growing, privately owned providers of high quality janitorial and security services in the United States. People are also at the center of their Core Values. Their People First core value clearly states that “we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity”.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide remote help desk support via phone and/or in-person using our internal ticketing system for issues related to desktop software, hardware, and peripherals.
· First point of contact for all inbound client phone calls and tickets to the Help Desk.
· Maintain close contact and open communication with clients until an issue has been resolved
· Work within the company ticketing system to create detailed work logs and technical documentation.
· Triage and escalate complex issues appropriately to Tier 2/3/4 support.
· Remotely provide hardware and software support, including installation of new software and updates when required, across all supported sites.
· Provide manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible long-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
· Use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information to help improve team performance.
· Provide support and deployment services for mobile devices and tablets.
· Update and load new computer images on end user laptops and desktops.
· Refurbish used equipment (computers, monitors, printers, servers, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a technical support, help desk or IT support position is required.
· Minimum of 1 year administering an MDM solution in the enterprise.
· Minimum of 1 year Supporting iOS and Android devices, configuring email, hotspot and accounts.
· Associate degree in IT related field or additional 1 years of experience working in a technical environment.
· Certifications – Not necessary, but a plus.
· Proven ability to install, upgrade, repair, move and replace desktops, laptops, smart phones/tablets and other technical equipment.
· Familiarity with data backup, disaster recovery and system imaging.
· Knowledge of IT systems including servers, desktops, routers, switches and firewalls.
· Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, Windows 7,10 and above.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language.
· Demonstrated success with providing support and problem resolution with unfamiliar systems, software and hardware and a passion for solving problems long-term.
· Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
· Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to work independently and request support when appropriate and necessary.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed