Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Java/Angular Developer
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity IT Resources is looking for a Java/Angular Developer for an immediate role supporting one if it’s key customers in Utah. This team’s main responsibility is to develop, support, modernize, and maintain internal and public facing web applications that serve the needs of the citizens of the State of Utah. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of applications (those both in production and in the pipeline. You will always be challenged with exciting new ideas and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD with GitHub Actions, and implementing a DevOps culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new applications and be a driving force in enhancing and modernizing existing applications.
- Help the organization modernize its cloud strategy and migrate to AWS.
- Build CI/CD pipelines.
- Work to develop and implement DevOps strategies and culture as part of the development team.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Experience with modern web development technologies including but not limited to:
- Java Web APIs in the modern Spring stack (Spring MVC / Spring Boot / JPA)
- Angular user interfaces
- Relational database design with Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Bootstrap 4+ responsive design
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM including experience with the Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence), sprint planning and retrospectives, and regular team stand-up meetings.
- Experience working on a development team in both new and existing projects.
- Experience with GitHub and GitFlow Pull Request model.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with GitHub Actions including automated CI/CD
- Experience with AWS services for web applications including but not limited to:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code with Terraform