Java Developer Lead
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Java Developer Lead
Location: Charlotte, NC or St. Louis Missouri
Job-Type: Contract to Hire
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Lead Java Developer that will be a key member in leading a team of agile software developers for our client. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the design and development of the products that the team is overseeing. The role will be responsible for managing a team of developers and keeping track of their day to day performance and KPIs.
Successful candidates must have in-depth knowledge of Java development, and management theory with practical application. The individual should be able to fluidly communicate with senior management proactively, and be able to comprehend complex business goals and align the direction of their team to help achieve those goals.
Our client is a F500 company with more than 90,000 employees and America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume direct responsibility for the design, development, and deployment/support of the Java related products they are tasked with overseeing.
- Manage subordinate staff in day-to-day performance of their job as well as managing KPIs over a long term period of assessment.
- Ensure that project/department milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Work in an Agile Software Development environment to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
- Interact with the Business and Customer Experiences teams to facilitate working through technical implementations with them.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management in other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, or another relevant field of study.
- 10+ years of experience with Java/J2EE technology, including: Spring, SpringBoot, SpringBatch
- 2+ years of experience working in an AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker.