Gravity IT Resources
POSITION: Java Developer
POSITION TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Remote OR Miami Lakes 1X per week
REFERRAL FEE: $2,800 +/- based on salary offered.
The Java Developer will design and develop applications that deliver value to our customers. She/he will work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product, proactively gather requirements and ensure high quality of our software. She/he will ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
The Java Developer will be creating an in-house “business banking application” while also assisting with enhancements for the existing “retail banking application.” They will be a part of an innovative team and looking for someone who will voice their ideas!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines
- Be well versed in enterprise software development, design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking—you’re able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes
- Be organized and process-oriented preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
- Minimum 4 Years of experience developing in back-end Java required
- Experience in distributed systems, OO principles and service-oriented architecture (SOA) required
- Java Development
- Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Netflix, Spring Cloud Config, etc.)
- REST API Integration
- SQL language, MySQL
- XML and SOAP API
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Git, GitHub
- CI/ CD