Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Job Cost and Finance System Specialist
Department: ERP Systems
Location: Charlotte, NC / Nashville, TN / Tampa, FL / Orlando, FL
Reports To: Manager, ERP Systems
EEO/FLSA Status: Exempt
What You’ll Do:
Job Cost and Finance System Specialists are functional experts for client's job cost and finance technologies, including but not limited to Oracle JD Edwards. Their responsibilities include operating and maintaining these technologies, coordinating and supporting system changes, curating documentation, facilitating trainings, and continuously improving operations.
System Operations and Maintenance [40%, Primary Responsibility]
• Provide day to day support for client's job cost and finance technologies, triaging configuration, enhancement, and support requests via ServiceNow and other vendors’ ticketing systems.
• Detect, analyze, troubleshoot, and develop paths to resolution for problems and deficiencies within client's job cost and finance technologies.
• Reinforce adherence to required governance and controls for client's job cost and finance technologies, coordinating audit requests as needed.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for functional questions about capabilities within client's job cost and finance technologies.
• Manage relationships and promote consistent feedback loops with client's job cost and finance teams, third party vendors, and other key stakeholders.
System Update Coordination and Support [25%]
• Coordinate and support updates to client's JD Edwards platforms, including Electronic Software Updates (ESUs).
• Review, synthesize, and summarize release notes for client's JD Edwards platforms, providing recommendations to stakeholders as appropriate.
• Coordinate testing activities for updates, upgrades, and patches to job cost and finance technologies, configuring and refreshing test environments as appropriate.
• Prepare deployment, backup, and backout strategies for planned changes to client's job cost and finance technologies.
Documentation and Training [20%]
• Collaborate with stakeholders to document current-state and future-state processes that are supported by client's job cost and finance technologies, with the goal of consistently making progress toward the desired future-state.
• Coordinate and facilitate trainings on changes to client’s job cost and finance technologies.
Continuous Improvement [10%]
• Leverage lean, agile, and design thinking best practices to continuously improve the delivery, operations, and maintenance of client’s job cost and finance technologies.
• Track and measure results of the team’s continuous improvement efforts, leveraging metrics such as forecasted vs. actual velocity, system performance, and system uptime.
Continuing Education [5%]
• Complete at least one (1) continuing education opportunity every quarter.
• Attend at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every quarter.
• Conduct at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every year.
We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university.
o At least ten (10) years of hands on experience with JD Edwards financials, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, expenses, fixed assets, equipment management, and associated system configurations.
o Experience working with job cost in construction and development, including knowledge of time and materials billing, change management, and forecasting.
o Experience successfully prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
o Experience successfully working with others to achieve shared goals.
o Experience working with Prophix, Hyperion, and Data Access Studio (DAS).
• Strong understanding of job cost and finance practices, processes, and technologies.
• Understanding of lean and agile values, frameworks, and best practices.
• Understanding of data analytics and business intelligence platforms.
• Understanding of browsers, desktop environments, information systems, software development processes, system integration processes, and development operations.
• Understanding of knowledge management platforms and processes.
• Ability to synthesize, visualize and present data in a clear and compelling manner.
• Passionate about helping stakeholders achieve their desired outcomes.
• Passionate about the intersection of construction, people, and technology.
• Passionate about continuous improvement and consistent value delivery.
• Natural curiosity and a desire to learn from others.
• Strong communication and business writing skills.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed