Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $2,000
Gravity is looking for a Junior-mid level Java developer with good communication skills to assist our engineering driven client with the integration of new product offerings to their new eCommerce platform. The successful candidate will be writing core java in a high production environment, tying services together and writing an integration layer, and writing API's between products.
The successful candidate must have strong core Java development skills, excellent communication skills and demonstrable, hands-on experience creating rest services, web services, mapping services and transforming XML to JSON.
Our client is major travel company that is building out their technology team and eCommerce application here in Broward County. Engineering reigns supreme with this client, making it a great place to work for individuals that have solid tech skills and want to work with most innovative technologies. Our client’s corporate culture is focused on safety, caring, integrity, passion and fun. If you are looking to be a part of a start-up environment with the support and resources of a large enterprise, this could be the company for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write Java code
- Map Micro Services and Web Services
- Transform XML to JSON
- Writing integration layers
- Writing to Google Firestore database
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2+ years of experience as a Java Developer writing Java code, including strong knowledge and understanding of Java Syntax
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience creating mapping services, rest services
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience writing integration layer of Java code
- Excellent communication skills and strong action-orientation