Lead Application Developer
Gravity IT Resources
The IT Lead Applications Developer position is responsible for design, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This is considered an expert-level developer position and requires technical skills and expertise in Object-Oriented Programming, Database Management, .NET/C# and web technologies. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor. This individual needs to be able to clearly articulate the benefits and relevance of the concepts, products and technologies related to their architecture domain to a diverse audience. This individual leads a team in design of highly complex software systems and acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, software craftsmanship, scalability, and patterns. The Lead Developer provides technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
Strategy & Planning
• Develop, maintain, and communicate high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical IT architecture.
• Provide input and direction to solutions for client requirements.
• Facilitate the identification and implementation of both technical and process improvements and solutions.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems, while ensuring the team understands applicable technologies where needed.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for large-sized development projects.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to promote the growth of individuals on the team.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Ensure maintainable solutions are delivered through use of proper software craftsmanship techniques.
• Coordinate with Enterprise Architects to maintain alignment with the high-level IT goals and reduce complexity.
• Collaborate with Lead Developers within the company to increase the effectiveness of the company’s IT organization.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Handle project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Mentor and coach Developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Train and share knowledge with development teams.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Act as a Technical Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years of IT experience.
• Proven ability to work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• 6+ years .NET/C# development experience or a combination of Java and .NET/C# development experience equating to 6 years.
• 5+ years of experience with full-stack web application development.
• 5+ years of experience working with Database Management Systems.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
• 2+ years of experience working with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
• Demonstrated mastery of Test Drive Development (TDD).
• Proven experience leading multiple projects.