Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Lead Data Scientist
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: FTE
Our client is looking for an outstanding Lead Data Scientist to join our advanced development team. You will work on highly-visible, highly-impactful problems, positively impacting medical providers and their patients. In this role, you will influence the product roadmap and business decisions, collaborating closely with medical providers, business leaders, data engineers, software engineers, and other scientists.
- Lead our data science projects by setting the best practices for delivering high-quality data science projects, establishing best practices, and providing guidance to more junior data scientists.
- Formulate and define science problems based on business needs and requirements.
- Translate business problems into an analytical framework and form testing hypotheses that can be answered with available data using scientific methods or identify additional data needed in the master datasets to fill any gaps.
- Create large-scale data science products that leverage data transformation and machine learning models.
- Utilize advanced expertise when designing and developing algorithms and models against large datasets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with medical providers, business leaders, data engineers, software engineers, and other scientists.
- Ability to take abstract ideas to proof of concepts into commercially viable solutions with partnership from product and executive leadership.
Skills & Requirements:
- Real-world experience solving complex, statistical, and machine learning projects.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning methods, understanding the entire life-cycle of machine learning projects and having hands-on experience building end-to-end solutions.
- Experience working on multiple projects at once.
- Strong understanding of machine learning theory and familiarity with deep learning and computer vision.
- Advanced coding experience in Python and SQL.
- Exposure to, or knowledge of, one or more data warehouses and data lake tools such as Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience focusing on advanced analytics and predictive modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field, with a preference towards a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.