Gravity IT Resources
Strategy & Planning
- Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather requirements, and provide solutions.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Work with users to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for leading implementation of approved architecture design.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude for established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Lead team in designing application and database components for new features.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
- Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Collaborate with business domain experts to analyze and assess existing business-critical functions.
- Lead in the definition, gathering, development, and documentation of business and/or technical requirements, objectives, deliverables, design specifications, and project plans.
- Lead in requirements gathering and design responsibilities. The ability to create documentation such as technical requirements and high-level design for smaller portions of the system will be needed.
- Collaborate with other developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing of new software programs and applications.
- Participate in software design reviews and code reviews.
- Assist in the diagnosis and correction of system issues and software bugs.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach other developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Provide off-hour support for critical application problems and issues.
- Analyze the performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensure compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years IT experience.
- 6+ years of web application development experience in a Java/J2EE environment, including Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP).
- 6+ years of object-oriented analysis and design.
- 3+ years of working experience in HCL Commerce or IBM Websphere Commerce platforms.
- Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- Experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Experience with SOAP and/or RESTful web services.
- Experience creating and consuming APIs
- Experience with a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or MySQL.
- Experience with version control systems such as git, mercurial, or subversion.
- Experience with command-line tools.
- Experience with microservices.
- Experience with the Spring or Spring Boot framework.
- Experience with virtual machines and containerization.
- Experience with unit tests and automated testing.
- Experience with automated build scripts (such as Gradle, Ant, Maven).
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).