Lead IT Business Analyst
Gravity IT Resources
The Lead IT Business Analyst works as a Planview and Jira PPM Senior Administrator to support multiple teams that use Planview Portfolios, AgilePlace and Jira for resource and capacity planning, financial planning, portfolio, program, project and product management. As a member of the Processes, Tools & Governance team, the Lead IT Business Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of the tools, processes and governance implemented to advance the organization on the path to Product Portfolio Management and Lean Agile Delivery.
• Work with process users / focus groups as a business analyst to understand user’s requirements from a process point of view.
• Document current process flows and advise for recommended improvements.
• Work with tool admins to map the process to available tools functionality.
Analytics & Reporting
• Work with tool admins to develop and maintain the strategy for dissemination of data and metrics for all levels of the user base.
• Communicate effectively with users to identify reporting needs and determine if existing assets will satisfy.
• Develop new and maintain existing dashboards/reports using Planview, Jira and BI tools.
• Support and maintain the library of reports and dashboards to ensure alignment with business and tool design changes, as well as new user groups utilizing the solution.
• Perform in-depth analysis of current state setup, workflows, and capabilities with the goal of enhancing the usage of Planview and Jira to match scaled agile framework setup from request intake, through planning and strategies capability to value delivery.
• Provide technical guidance for automating project, program, product, and portfolio management processes (agile & waterfall).
• Communicate effectively with users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Help developing and administering enterprise-wide onboarding training and recurring refresher training. Assist with user education of tools and methodologies using mentoring and training opportunities, including creating and maintaining training materials and training delivery.
• Participate in providing end user support for technical/application and process questions/issues in such a way that improves user maturity and proficiency and enforces usage rules.
• Open issues/defects/enhancement requests to vendor using vendor site and manage resolution including validation and communication to users.
• Document Planview/Jira configuration and customization and maintain.
• Perform regular system maintenance by supporting timely upgrades, communications, and process updates.
• Support integration of Planview with other tools like Jira, Service Now, etc.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
• Assist with other projects as necessary to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the teamwork.
• Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Having these certifications is a plus (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CSM, PSM, Product Owner, SAFe)
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT and/or Business experience in Business Analyst Role.
• 8+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• 3+ years’ experience with Planview (is a plus)
• 2+ years’ experience with Jira (is a plus)
• 3+ years working with project management practices like PMI PMBoK, Scrum, Kanban, XP.
• Strong ability to facilitate process mapping activities and translate them into visual diagrams.
• Working knowledge of mapping project, program and portfolio management best practices to Planview functionalities.
• Minimum of Intermediate competency in Microsoft Office tools including PowerPoint and Visio, and experience with SharePoint site management preferred.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative global work environment.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Ability to develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.