Gravity IT Resources
Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Research and improve current coding standards.
- Research and implement new development techniques.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
- Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
- Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Estimate hours for project tasks.
- Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding development functionality.
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard tools and processes.
- Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
- Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Train and teach other developers.
- Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years IT experience.
- 8+ years experience responsive Web Development.
- Expertise in of command line git and of Github.
- Extensive experience configuring and running WebPack.
- Expertise in using code linters and typing libraries.
- Extensive experience with various HTML5 web APIs, especially Drag and Drop, Canvas, SVG, File API, Indexed DB, Web Storage, Typed Arrays, and Web Workers.
- Basic familiarity with Node.js
- Extensive experience with npm packages and npm command line statements.
- Experience managing and running Docker containers.
- Extensive experience integrating with APIs over REST services.
- Familiarity with web accessibility practices.
- Extensive experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.