Gravity IT Resources
Title: Logistics Manager
Type: Direct Hire
Work Authorization: US Citizens and Green Card Holders, may consider Visa candidates
Referral Fee: +- 2000
Provide functional supervision to the PC&L managers with focus on 100% customer schedule attainment. Drive continuous improvement with focus on inventory reduction initiatives, ensuring accurate production planning which drives greater efficiency in plant manufacturing operations, and developing and implementing processes which ensure manufacturing has the necessary components available to run the production plan.
Execute and manage all logistics contracts. This includes negotiating pricing, choosing providers, and executing all aspects of both the freight movements and payment approval process.
- Support the quality, safety, occupational and environmental health policies of the organization.
- Drive improvement activities in the plants to include:
- Reducing inventory costs
- Improving customer ship compliance
- Shipping and receiving accuracy of plant material
- Manufacturing efficiency
- Logistics costs, both in contracted cost and efficiency of movements
- Enforce supplier shipping compliance and work with the plants and purchasing to manage troubled suppliers.
- Foster working relationships between plant PC&L and Purchasing.
- Work with the plants to drive the development and correct use of our global Manufacturing systems with focus on the use of SAP.
- Negotiate logistics and warehousing agreements.
- Audit all freight movements to ensure proper billing and general ledger and cost center application. Follow-up with finance on any payment issues related to Logistics.
- Calculate freight costs to support business cases.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field required; MBA preferred· Certification in Operations Management, Inventory Management or Continuous Improvement (CI) highly desirable
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Logistics required
- ERP/SAP experience for material analysis and tracking material receipted and on hand.
- Proven track record of developing end to end strategies to improve supply chain efficiencies and effectiveness. Experience driving continuous improvement (CI) initiatives across the supply chain function.
- Extensive experience in logistics, Sales & Operation Planning, supply/demand planning, purchasing and customer service functions.
- Superior time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks and projects.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to effectively identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to complex problems.