Manager, eCommerce Software Engineering
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Manager, eCommerce Software Engineering
Type: Full time
Location: Miami, FL (Onsite)
Referral Fee: $2,000+
Work Eligibility: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holders only
The Manager, eCommerce Software Engineering leads engineers that are part of multidisciplinary product teams to realize business outcomes via the development of software targeting rich user experiences. This position will partner with Product Managers to manage multi-million-dollar capital budgets that drive a roadmap of features and enhancements to our customer-facing digital properties using Adobe’s Digital Marketing Product Suite. The Manager will own the technical roadmap, delivery, ongoing resourcing of technical resources, and the overall technical quality of the software products produced. This position will be expected to participate in defining the technical and product vision to support a significant transformation targeting how consumers consider, purchase, and plan vacations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate productive and positive team communication and collaboration. This includes, but is not limited to, fostering an environment of transparency and open discussion, resource planning, and working closely with other leaders and direct reports.
- Mentor and support the professional, technical, and personal growth of team members. Help develop their career paths by assigning projects tailored to their potential, personality, work style, and goals while encouraging healthy exploration beyond their “comfort zone”.
- Accountable for the delivery of function of the supervised product teams, with a focus on CMS/AEM technical governance, maturing delivery practices, increasing the frequency of deployments, and expediting product deliverables while maintaining a sustainable work pace that does not compromise standards and quality.
- Own the recruiting, assessment, and onboarding of new developers from a diverse pool of partners and markets.
- Set the example and expectations for team conduct. Inspire positive behavior and interactions. When needed, directly address and resolve behavior that falls below expectations.
- Own team processes to increase efficiency. Develop, measure, and interpret statistics that serve as team performance indicators. Use this information to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field of study.
- Possess certifications specific to software engineering, frontend and AEM are preferred, and delivery discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience building and leading technical software development teams as part of career growth that started with hands-on software development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing Adobe AEM 6.3+ and/or AEM as a Cloud Service. Also 4 years of experience implementing Adobe AEM 6.4/6.5. This includes designing, developing, and supporting AEM components, integrations, and applications.
- Strong experience as a software developer and sr. technical design resource on Frontend architecture and AEM.
- Possess a deep understanding of frontend architecture, MFE, and software design patterns.
- Experience in working with caching, message queues, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Superior coding standards along with good documentation and DevOps practices.
- Experience delivering mission-critical systems in a mature agile organization including hands-on experience with ecommerce applications, conceptualizing, designing, building, and deploying solutions.
- Experience managing teams including remote teams.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.