Job Title: AWS DevOps Lead/Architect
Location: Remote – USA
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Referral Fee: $1500+/-
Our client is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Engineer to design, document, implement, assess, and maintain software solutions to improve software delivery, observability, audit-ability, and efficiency of the development and operations team through tool selection, education, mentoring, implementation, and documentation. This role will partner with Software Development, Quality Assurance, Information Security, Site Reliability Engineering, Network Operations, and others within the organization to automate, streamline, troubleshoot, and guide decisions in the areas of DevOps/GitOps and Site Reliability Engineering.
To be successful as a Senior Staff Engineer, you should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and problem-solving ability. Ultimately, a top-notch DevOps Architect should have exceptional communication skills, be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and be highly innovative.
- Assess existing solutions for fit, consistency, strategic positioning, and maintainability. Collaboratively design, document, and communication of next-generation solutions.
- Interpret business and functional software integration requirements into well-tested, easily maintained software solutions focusing on enhancement and delivery of core frameworks and services.
- Steward software through software development lifecycle (SDLC), including creating and interpreting specifications, implementing solutions, testing, ensuring solutions are delivered into the correct versions of the software, ensuring deployed versions function correctly in production environments, and correcting problems discovered at any point during software development life cycle in a timely fashion.
- Coach and collaborate with software development teams, Cloud Operations, and other constituents to ensure the software is secure, scalable, highly available, performs well, and meets industry best practices, including appropriate design patterns, scalability, etc.
- Manage time effectively with minimal supervision to accurately document solutions scope projects while meeting commitments.
- This position will primarily focus on DevOps/GitOps processes and tooling, but in this role, responsibilities and areas of focus will shift as company priorities, and strategies shift.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, preferred.
- 3+ years with Terraform and similar toolchains.
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes in a production environment at scale.
- Experience with the AWS Cloud offering – for example, EKS, RDS Aurora, RDS Mysql, DocumentDB, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB.
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, ArgoCD, Jenkins, Git, and similar technologies.
- Ability to implement, deploy and configure the hardware and software required to operate a modern Java web application, including CPU, Memory and Storage requirements, JMS implementations, and web server implementations without oversight.
- Strong ability to solicit high-value input and feedback from team members and incorporate feedback into software solutions.
- Experience with Java application development and hosting with the ability to debug and produce software.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to quality, long-term value, and maintainability.
- 5+ years implementing common OO and SOA based principles, particularly Microservice principles.
- Experience scaling systems in a Cloud Environment (AWS).
- Experience with load-balanced applications.