Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: On-site (Downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
Job Type: Direct Hire/Permanent
Referral Fee: +/-$1,700
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
Position Overview: We are looking for a Network Administrator to join our client’s team. They are a growing RV Retailer company based in Fort Lauderdale that offers robust learning opportunities for all associates, best-in-class leadership development programs, and a commitment to invest in and grow our associates’ careers. They believe in leading by example, great communication, courage, accountability, innovation, and showing up every day with a strong sense of commitment and high level of passion for what we do and for the customers and associates we serve.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Configure, troubleshoot, and support wireless and wired networks without fail until resolution.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and support Azure and AWS networking.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and support firewalls from a diverse array of manufacturers.
- Assess the organization’s infrastructure needs going forward, budget planning/recommendation as necessary.
- Configure VLAN, SSID, DHCP, DNS, and other network protocols or services.
- Pre-configuration or staging of equipment and logistical support for shipments.
- Maintenance of firewalls, access points, and other infrastructure including updates and upgrades.
- Assisting with the maintenance of DNS records and Domain hostnames.
- Documenting the environment and updating records.
- Troubleshoot or replace legacy network equipment as necessary.
- Automation of repetitive tasks to drive efficiencies, creating documentation for future reference.
- Responsible for providing updates and feedback to users and leadership regarding efforts to resolve complex issues.
- Manage multiple tasks and issues at the same time and maintain service level agreements.
- Ability to mentor teammates across geographic time zones & cultural sensitivities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and availability to address significant issues or outages as they arise outside of normal hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to Oversee local area network and wide area network and be accountable as a primary point of contact regarding resolution.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and troubleshooting.
- Excellent documentation and the ability to present and explain complex designs/issues to less technical individuals.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis including the ability to interpret packet captures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Significant experience supporting a large and diverse enterprise.
- This position will be expected to assist teammates and users with a positive attitude without regard to hierarchy.
- Ability to travel within the continental United States when required.
- Self-sufficient and able to keep up to date with rapidly changing technology.
- This is an on-site position in the Blue Compass RV Offices located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – Hybrid is an option for the right candidate.
- Industry certifications (Azure/AWS/Cisco/Fortinet/Aruba/Sophos) preferred.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages relevant to the position (PowerShell/Python).
- Degree in IT, MIS, or related field of study preferred.