Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Network Architect
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL (Hybrid onsite)
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: $2,500
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
Description of Position:
This position is accountable for network architecture and operations utilizing multiple network and systems technologies in a large-scale cloud enterprise environment, in addition to mission-critical enterprise end-user networking at various locations. The ideal candidate must be a strategic and forward-thinking technology leader with a strong foundational comprehension of networking technologies. The position is responsible for defining reference architectures that turn business and technology strategy needs into actionable solutions. This role provides thought leadership that anticipates strategic, organizational and technical changes and impacts. The ideal candidate must have the necessary coaching/ mentoring skills to help grow the team. This includes technical and soft skill improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expert network technology knowledge with experience designing large cloud and on-prem solutions
- Extensive understanding and experience in networking
- Enterprise Design Patterns – experience with leading cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in networking
- Partner with architects, engineers, and project teams to assess requirements and recommend solutions.
- Define best practices for supporting recommended solutions.
- Actively participate in the creation of strategic technology roadmaps.
- Assist with business case development and presentation to management in support of new technology initiatives
- Define and plan technology lifecycle events
- Orchestrate the day-to-day delivery of services
The successful candidate will have strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills and will have advanced knowledge of some or all the following:
- Expert comprehension of TCP/IP stack
- Expert Cisco networking, including routing, switching, and wireless infrastructure
- SDWAN expertise required (VMware VeloCloud preferred)
- AWS and Azure Networking
- VMware Cloud on AWS
- Advanced WAN/LAN network troubleshooting skills including packet and performance analysis
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Azure Arm Templates, etc.) in addition to scripting languages (Python, etc.)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher certification required
- AWS or Azure networking certifications are desired