Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Network Technician (Entry Level)
Location: Onsite (Ocoee, FL)
Job Type: Contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
The Network Technician will provide daily operations support and maintenance for network systems (including wireless). The Network Technician will also proactively monitors networks to provide stable, dependable network services across multiple platforms. Configures and troubleshoots computer networks. This team member will Maintain LAN/WAN/wireless operations by working with network facility and hardware/software vendors to ensure timely problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in team projects, meetings, and assignments.
- Familiar in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for copper and fiber network systems (including wireless) of moderate complexity.
- Familiar at managing and configuring startup and running configs for network switch equipment.
- Must have knowledge and experience with network configurations from DMARC to workstations; fiber distribution, routers, switches, DHCP, and the necessary topology needed to achieve a high QoS.
- Knowledgeable at monitoring protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Skilled at monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network (LAN, WAN and wireless) multiplexers, hubs and routers, and uses remote monitoring tools.
- Must have the ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning.
- Must know the OSI model and how it pertains to the flow of data throughout the environment.
- Ability to communicate information to Information Security Team on particular firewall rules needed to support team projects and new equipment/applications.
- Must have the ability to maintain and utilize network management applications to identify network faults, to ensure the provision of data or other telecommunications access to customers, and the movement of information from one location to the other.
- Should have completed pertinent IT training related to use and management of Cisco and HP Switching products.
- Responsible for the maintenance of day-to-day network management tasks, such as VLAN changes, jack connections, and monitoring of potential network failures and outages.
- Responsible for reading and following the Department’s Procedures and Policies
- Responsible for understanding and enforcing the Department’s Policies and Procedures Responsible for documenting solutions to Technology issues
- Responsible for traveling to remote sites to resolve IT related issues and/or to deploy resources
- Responsible for tracking incidents in the service desk ticketing systems
- Responsible for creating/tracking Property Management Reports (PMRs) for IT equipment transfers / relocation
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
Required Experience and Skills
- 1+ years of IT related experience
- Analyze the business requirements for the system architecture.
- Perform Network Assessments and provide Utilization reports
- 3-5 years in an onsite client service role
- Customer Driven
- Working Knowledge of the OSI Model
- Detail Oriented
- Time management and organizational skills
- Analytical Problem Solver