Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Objectives and Key Results (OKR) SME
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,500
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our client is embarking on OKR (Objectives and Key Results) journey to accelerate strategy execution throughout the company. Gravity is looking for a dedicated and passionate OKR Subject Matter Expert (SME).
As a OKR SME, you will be responsible for: Maintaining our client's OKR Framework; Drive the adoption of OKR's; Help colleagues increase alignment and empower accountability; Initiate and drive changes with numerous Managers across various Global Business Units (GBUs); Maintaining OKR tools/systems. The OKR SME will also be responsible for training colleagues on OKR system. To excel in this role, you must be passionate about OKR’s, be organized, good mentor and ability to multitask and communicate well with others.
Our client is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is a global specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and refining catalysts. We power the potential of companies in many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to instill a culture of measurement with respect to both the impact of the change to the business and the effectiveness of the system of OKR delivery
- Works with teams to assist them in identifying, implementing and improving key strategic and operational objectives through OKR
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of OKR practices
- Conduct regular OKR workshops and trainings with stakeholders
- Perform OKR Quality Control: ensure that Objectives are clear and measurable, and the expected values and metrics are well defined
- Assess OKR maturity of the team(s) and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable
- Facilitate workshop training on OKR frameworks, competencies, and methodologies
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of OKR programs and recommend comprehensive training modifications as necessary
- Coach teams on how to remove complex roadblocks and impediments to change and delivery of OKR
- Drive continuous improvement through transparency, balance, flow, respect, customer focus, collaboration, and agreement
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to address OKR knowledge gaps to support OKR effectiveness
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and peers, including strong writing skills to draft and publish internal technical documentation, SOP's, specifications, business cases, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar or relevant job experience
- 2+ years of experience in working/implementing OKR tools like Workboard, Betterworks, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment helping teams efficiently deliver value
- 2+ years of experience developing integration with business enablement platforms and applications such as Azure, SAP, Salesforce, Workday with OKR tools
- Enterprise software development experience, leveraging SDLC, Agile and DevOps practices is a plus
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to develop and implement plans for major issues and projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and balance multiple activities
- Resourceful, takes the initiative to accomplish goals and objectives
- Works well in a team environment and is comfortable with an extremely fast pace, switching priorities, and multitasking.