Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Platform Architecture Team Lead
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: $3,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
One of our clients is looking to hire a Principal Platform Architecture Team Lead.
The successful candidate will have the ability to lead a platform architecture team. This resource must be strong in .NET Core, MongoDB, SQL, and Kafka.
Our client is a leading provider of SaaS program management information software for capital projects. This client is now a division of a $2.6B global corporation with operations in dozens of counties around the globe. This company values integrity, teamwork, innovation and responsiveness and offers cutting edge benefits and perks.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Passion for Software with innovative and cutting-edge ideas
- Research and stay informed of the latest best practices in Software Engineering.
- Lead a team of engineers to implement a microservice architecture to replace legacy software systems
- Mentor and guide team members on Software Engineering best practices
- Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to projects that are under development
- Update Jira issues and participate in reviews
- All other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design including Design Patterns
- Intermediate White Box testing ability (multiple condition coverage, basis path, loop).
- Proficient in the design, creation, testing and deployment of Microservices.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in a variety of programming languages, able to transition to new languages. (minimum .NET Core)
- Experience with multiple database technologies (minimum SQL and MongoDB)
- Familiarity with front-end development using modern stacks like Angular, Vue, or React.
- Experience using agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming and automated builds
- Experience developing high-volume web applications
- Design effective, scalable and performant solutions to complex technology problems at a portfolio level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, other engineers, and internal and external customers
- Able to provide solutions for technical problems including potential architectural changes.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficient knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, setup and gating.
- Ability to write business and technical specification documents that convey complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely
- Customer focused with excellent follow through on commitments
- Intermediate knowledge of Agile methodologies, preferably Kanban.
- Familiarity with AI/ML a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Working experience as a Principal Software Engineer will be consider in place of a degree
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working on enterprise software development environments
- Business knowledge of the construction industry highly desirable
- Previous experience leading teams a plus