Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Platform Enablement and Delivery Lead
Location: Charlotte, NC, Boston MA, New York NY
Job-Type: Full Time
Referral Fee: 250 + $65/month
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a resource to come on and assist our client's Platform Transformation team to oversee Investment Platform work streams. This team is tasked with driving the vision of modern digital platform to support the needs of our clients. This role will engage a broad community of constituents along cross-product disciplines with the objective of building the systems and processes that can enable teams to deliver.
The successful candidate will possess 15+ years of experience in the Financial Services space. Specifically, the individual must possess experience driving new initiatives aligned with Capital Markets.
Our client is fast growing global investment management firm whose insights and customized strategies form the foundation for strong partnerships. They view sustainable principles as a guiding force behind their business stewardship and governance frameworks. This client is located in the Uptown area of Charlotte, NC and offers an outstanding work environment and beautiful building with in-house dining and gym.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effective translation of strategy and multi-year plan into strategic delivery portfolio including effective prioritization and execution
- Oversee strategic planning and execution of platform portfolio using Agile methodology
- Collaborate across all business units and the enterprise to expand business opportunities and new product growth and ensure alignment with enterprise initiatives
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and develop a flexible workforce through Senior level agile leadership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Management and facilitation to achieve objectives, with both local and with remote teams
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment across trading and support/infrastructure/control functions
- Expertise and hands-on practitioner expertise in designing and implementing structured business/operational processes and business requirements documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce procedural documentation and communicate with senior management. Ability to seamlessly communicate complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues
Required Experience & Skills:
- 15+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- Subject Matter Expert of Front Office market structure and trade flow across a range of markets trading products.
- Subject Matter Expert in operational processing front-to-back, risk and control, markets, operations, and support & control areas (e.g. Finance, Risk) within a large asset manager.
- Knowledge of global markets trading products (Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies, Real Assets, Private Equity, and Real Estate) and/or securities services (Prime, Collateral, Clearing, Custody, Fund Services)
- Knowledge and experience of structured project management techniques in a front office environment
- Knowledge of Risk methodologies/frameworks and demonstrable appreciation of the need for and impact of controls, thresholds and Data Quality rules plus fundamental data terminology
- Ability to operate and lead across technical, operational and business/product domains
- Ability to coordinate a large scale transformation process
- Ability to set strategic vision & deliver market leading open architecture digital platforms in support of business goals
- Strong communication/presentation skills – executive client engagements, public speaking & industry thought leadership
- Strong business domain expertise (familiarity across intermediary/institutional segments/business models)
- Relationship building across a broad network of peers, stakeholders, senior leaders, customers and industry players
- Thrives on helping others be their best selves, anticipating people, processes and technology needs informed by internal and external research