Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Principal Data Scientist
Our client is looking for a lead resource who will work with stakeholders in the company primarily on customer analytics. Our client has a financing arm to support buyer, and many other retail products. This individual will spend much of the time focused forecasting and predictive analytics. What to offer current / prospective customers like coupons and other promotional discounts.
This person will stabilize the data science team. This hire won’t directly manage the team or provide performance feedback. But they’ll help guide team members and projects along the way.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- 50% – meeting with business teams to help tell story. Guiding the business through the right use case. Getting the business to understand not every data science project works, there will be trial / error. Need someone with a strong business partnership mentality.
- 25% – helping other data scientists. WON’T BE DIRECTLY MANAGING. Guiding them through projects, both technically and working with the business / stakeholders
- 25% – hands on keyboard with Python, SQL, and data viz tool (doesn’t matter which one)
- Skill #1: Python – very strong background in predictive analytics and algorithms
- Skill #2: SQL
- Skill #3: Data Viz (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)