Gravity IT Resources
Title: Project Manager
Location: Charlotte (Hybrid)
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager with a demonstrated passion for building and implementing new platforms, application modernization and processes for their retail side of the business. Candidates must have a successful record of implementing new programs/Projects, improving existing portfolios and executing at larger scale. The Project Manager plays a critical role in leading application modernization at scale. This role will build and manage new projects/programs from discovery through sustainment, and partner with leadership stakeholders and cross-functional partners to deliver mechanisms that improve the employee and customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
- Own Projects Design & Development: Lead complex company-wide projects through the full lifecycle of design, development, and execution, ensuring their timely and effective delivery. Your work will encompass things like program build/launch, continuous improvement of existing programs, establishing standard work and help building reporting/analytics tools with BI Teams.
- Business Process Architecture/Management: Design, modify and oversee the management of effective and efficient processes, enabling the Organization to meet its strategic objectives and ensure partner organizations processes and policies support a positive member experience. This function also oversees the implementation of all process improvements which includes identifying process weaknesses and gaps, brainstorming solutions, coordinating implementation, and measuring effectiveness.
- Develop a keen understanding of the retail business such as AGIS and HALO ESP. Combine data, functionalities, and anecdotes to develop perspective. Ensure perspective is at the forefront of program / product development and deployment.
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale projects and develop innovative solutions raise the bar and exceed the expectations.
- Drive Communication: Own communications to projects/program participants, vendors and stakeholders that cut through the noise of competing requirements and facilitates action.
- Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: You will partner with teams including technology, business, and services organizations to bring solutions to life for the various teams. You will build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations and HR leaders and other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to design and deliver projects/programs.
- Problem Solving: Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
A day in the life
What are the expected key deliverables for this position in the first year?
- Independently build out the approach, milestones, and timeline of an entire program
- Lead through all stages of discovery, planning, execution, and sustainment to deliver on program outcomes.
- Drive the assessment and prioritization of customer requirements as well as the testing and iteration of solutions built to ensure they meet clearly defined success criteria.
- Programmatic management and guiding of QA Lead team and building structure and building blocks for the pilot projects/program.
- Develop mechanism in investigations management and launch guiding principles and standards.
- Roll out and streamline Training accreditation projects/programs for Call Center Agents
- Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: You will partner with teams including technology, business, and services organizations to bring solutions to life for Associates and teams. You will build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations and HR leaders and other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to design and deliver projects/programs.
- Drive ongoing communication strategy, change management plan and alignment between stakeholders and cross-functional project teams to ensure the on-time delivery of a quality solution.
- Maintain clarity of the projects/program within the scope, empowering subject matter experts to make decisions and complete activities within their domains. Remove barriers and remain flexible.
- 3-7 years’ experience managing large highly complex platform implementation including process standardization, application development, platform migration, system integration, and platform retirement / decommissioning. Must have experience directing multiple concurrent multi-year projects involving many systems and platforms.
- Good understanding of Retail business, dealership knowledge and IT background is going to be a great fit.
- Must possess strong technical skills to understand complex systems and how they are structured to support different lines of businesses for the company.
- Must have solid understanding Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, and best practices. Must understand business processes and optimization of processes via re-engineering.
- Experience managing projects in Oracle RDF, Salesforce, eCommerce, and Retail Industry would be plus.
- Experience working in Jira, Confluence, Planview, SharePoint and creation of Project Plan, Business and Technical Roadmaps.
- Certification in Project Management by a nationally recognized institution is strongly desired and candidates with certification will be given preference over other education and experience combinations. (PMI, IAPM, CompTIA, etc.)
- Travel may be required – 25% or more for extended time periods according to project needs and locations of key project resources.