Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Scrum Master
Job Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: $2,500+
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or other related field of study; or any combination of relevant work experience and education.
EXPERIENCE: 4 – 6 years’ experience as a project manager, scrum master, or delivery coach. Experience with e-commerce, travel industry a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. Keen attention to detail. Strong initiative, priority setting, and collaboration skills. Ability to influence and motivate multiple groups to achieve objectives. Ability to form essential links/partnerships between product owners and the team. Ability to perceive cues in order to clear or prevent roadblocks. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum and lean methodologies. Focuses on delivering quality code to production environments. Comfortable being a member of a cross-functional team driving toward a single purpose. Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment. Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team. Very well versed in use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and experienced in using ServiceNow platform for managing tickets assigned to respective teams.
Facilitate team execution and planning by guiding the flow of work and eliminating waste and roadblocks. Champion leading practices and continuous improvement to achieve team objectives.
- Collaborate with product owner and architect owner to assure that all team members are aware of the team’s approach, progress, upcoming activities, and potential blockers; promote good planning habits.
- Advocate for Agile principles both with the stakeholders and the delivery team promote the mindset of incremental improvements.
- Coach the team to faster velocity and smaller variance by fostering an understanding of the team’s capacity.
- Promote the use of Kanban board or Sprints as the team’s organization, status, and planning tool.
- Perform analysis of team performance through burn down charts, control charts, and other standard tools built into Jira.
- Collaborate with product owner, and architect owner to provide backlog transparency in an automated fashion and enable prioritization.
- Collaborate with portfolio and business relationship management teams to size and prioritize requests for new deliverables.
- Champion and follow the cone of uncertainty estimation principles.
- Champion the use of data driven estimation tools.
- Serve as an information radiator to facilitate effective communication.
- Participate in scrum of scrums to escalate roadblocks/risks; to accomplish this, must collaborate with team to fully understand the risk/roadblock, consequences, and potential solutions.
- Use backlog, metrics, and facts driven from data to insulate the team from excessive planning, scrutiny, and other wasteful activities.
- Serve as the champion for use of Jira, ServiceNow and other data driven tools as an organizational, planning, execution, and performance improvement tool for the teams.
- Help identify and communicate the minimum administrative work required.
- Help fill in the gaps with Jira and the ticketing process as required.
- Facilitate cross-team interactions to remove impediments and provide transparency.
- Coordinate works with multiple internal cross-functional teams and external vendors as required.
- Collaborate with architect owner and solution architects to produce required information flow and architectural diagrams.
- Own and execute team-level ceremonies, including daily standup, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and retrospectives.
- Create a culture of experimentation and analysis.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.