Gravity IT Resources
The Senior IT Business Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. This role understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. This position interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
Strategy & Planning
- Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
- Analyze, document, and improve workflows, processes, and standards.
- Understand business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements including GUI, screen and interface designs.
- Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Work with Quality Assurance to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
- Analyze application defects and changing requirements to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements and escalate to project management.
- Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
- Execute demos of working solutions to stakeholders.
- Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution within the group.
- Provide application expertise as a project resource.
- Train and mentor other Business Analysts as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) or in lieu of a degree, at least 12 years in experience in the field of Information Technology or Business (work experience or a combination of education and work experience in the field of Information Technology or Business).
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT and/or Business experience.
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience.
- 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
- Experience with the implementation of sophisticated mobile applications.
- Experience with the implementation of software platforms across multiple organizational teams and lines of business is preferred.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
- Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer’s needs.
- Experience facilitating process mapping activities and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
- Understanding of mobile application development architectures.
- Familiarity with how legacy and web-based system interfaces with each other.
- Experience with current mobile technologies and trends:
- Material Design and Apple’s HIG design principles, patterns and best practices
- Mobile Application Analytics
- Push notifications and experience with one or more 3rd party push notification systems
- Commonly used device sensors such as camera, gyroscope, accelerometer, Bluetooth and GPS
- Mobile Augmented Reality and Machine Learning capabilities
- Cross platform mobile frameworks and platforms such as React Native and Flutter