Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,350
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to play a key role for our client’s Internal Audit Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of ad-hoc reporting to support audit plans, including requirements gathering, data validation, analysis execution and results reporting using visualization tools. The ideal candidate will be able to think out-of-the-box to design visualization solutions that meet and exceed audit team expectations as the department transitions from a report-focused to an analytics focused organization.
Successful candidates must have in-depth knowledge of database design, SQL and data warehousing. Advanced SQL development and optimization background and knowledge of data visualization and presentation methods for data analysis and interpretation, performance dashboards, and generating, managing and delivering presentations and reports capable of yielding insights and actionable results is also required. 3-5 years of experience in SQL and Tableau is required as well.
Our client is a F500 company with more than 90,000 employees and America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our client is investing heavily to build out a best-in-class data analytics team in Charlotte, NC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop analysis solutions for enterprise and departmental organizations based on underlying data sources, such SQL, Oracle, DB2 and Excel files.
- Think out-of-the-box to design visualization solutions that meet and exceed audit team expectations as the department transitions from a report-focused to an analytics organization.
- Responsible for fully understanding business processes to ensure data and information integrity when importing from source systems.
- Refreshing and optimizing existing analysis based on internal and external feedback.
- Validate and troubleshoot data sets and solutions based on test plans built from an operational understanding of the business and audit expectations.
- Prepare formal deliverable documentation and present to audit team, process owners and Management.
- Identify risks and escalate to management appropriately.
- Participate in discussions and interface with various departments to research, define, and document requirements.
- Design visualization tools in Tableau, using direct database connections and appropriate level of aggregation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems Management, and/or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in SQL and Tableau
- In-depth knowledge of database design, SQL and data warehousing
- Advanced SQL development and optimization background
- Knowledge of data visualization and presentation methods for data analysis and interpretation, performance dashboards, and generating, managing and delivering presentations and reports capable of yielding insights and actionable results
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams towards a shared goal
- Ability to interface with various levels in an organization
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Advanced problem solving with ability to identify and evaluate solution alternatives
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools
- Capable of working independently to solve problems under deadlines and to manage multiple projects/priorities under time constraints
- Detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy and consistency Minimum of 3 years of overall career experience