Senior Full Stack Developer
Gravity IT Resources
The Senior Full Stack Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software supporting mission-critical business applications within Facility Experience Products Delivery Team. The experienced developer will utilize technical skills and expertise in Web development, Microservice programming, Data engineering, and Cloud. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Strategy & Planning
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications, and determine the most efficient and appropriate technologies based on client requirements.
• Recommends both technical and process improvements and solutions to architect and management team for review.
• Responsible for implementing, or overseeing implementation of, approved architecture design.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of modern technology, equipment, systems, and frameworks
• Plan and organize tasks, report on project progress, and coordinate with additional development teams.
Development & Deployment
• Performs complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Designs application and database components for development projects.
• Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding development functionality.
• Performs analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build browser-based web solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Identifies and Mitigates risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
• Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
• Conduct research into modern technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Assists in the training and knowledge sharing with development teams and helps to coach junior level developers and/or Professional Apprentices as needed.
• Project/task management and reporting, as necessary.
• Presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Minimal travel, up to 5% as required. Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JDBC or Hibernate
• 3+ years using Spring Boot and Spring Rest services.
• 3+ years of React JS experience.
• 3+ years with a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle, DB2, Postgres, Azure SQL, NoSQL(Cosmos DB or Mongo DB).
• Experience with full stack web application developments
• Experience with Azure Cloud platform management.
• Expertise in of command line git and of GitHub.
• Experience configuring application servers such as JBoss and Tomcat.
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting.
• Experience with CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud, and automation.
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
• Experience with unit tests/automated testing.
• Experience with Terraform Script is plus.
• Experience in creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
• Experience with Agile methodology and Jira tool is plus.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Advanced systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
• Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.