Senior Java Developer
Gravity IT Resources
The Senior Java Web Developer is responsible for the design, development, integration, implementation, and support of web-based application software in a full-stack service-provider environment.
This role provides development and technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates, and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
As a technical specialist, this position also works with lead engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives, code reviews, and technical strategy.
Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications, and determine the most efficient and appropriate technologies based on client requirements.
- Recommends both technical and process improvements and solutions to architect and management team for review.
- Responsible for implementing, or overseeing implementation of, approved architecture design.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, systems, and frameworks.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Performs complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Designs application and database components for development projects.
- Performs analysis of business models, logical specifications, and / or customer requirements to design and build browser-based web solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Identifies and Mitigates risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and / or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Maintains and modifies web applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provides support for critical web application and server issues.
- Assists Project Manager in the definition, gathering, development, and documentation of business and / or technical requirements, objectives, deliverables, design specifications and project plans.
- Collaborates with other programmers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and processes.
- Participates in software design / code reviews, and helps guide testing best practices
- Acts as application Subject Matter Expert across all phases of project life cycle.
- Training and knowledge sharing with development teams.
- Mentoring and coaching junior-level developers and / or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Giving demos / presentations to management, business, and peer groups as requested.
- Scheduling and leading communication meetings with project members as needed.
- Assisting with projects as required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and organization.
- Participating in hiring activities as needed, fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (, Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT-related experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Additional experience in React, , Java Spring Boot, Junit, Karate, Maven, Docker / K8S, and / or AWS is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Relational Database Management Systems (preferably MariaDB / MySQL or Oracle), including advanced use of SQL and database management constructs.
- 3+ years of experience with either Microservices or Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture and Object-Oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
- 2+ years of experience in front-end web design, preferably with a Responsive Design focus.
- Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Advanced systems / process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train, teach, and lead others.
- Ability to facilitate or lead meetings, and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity