Senior Java Software Engineer
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
Salary Range: $125k-$150k
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: FTE
Our client delivers truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer who will design, develop, document, unit test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house) using the Java programming language and related development technologies.
- Write correct and clean code, following stated best practices and rarely making the same mistake twice.
- Participate in technical design decisions with guidance.
- Focus on attaining expertise in one or more areas of the codebase.
- Self-sufficient in at least one area of the codebase with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Provide support for your area including components you may not be familiar with.
- Give timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Communicate assumptions and get clarification on tasks to minimize the need for rework.
- Solicit feedback from others and eager to find ways to improve.
- Understand how your work fits into the larger project and identify issues with requirements
- Capable of prioritizing and completing complex tasks with guidance as part of a team
- Make steady progress without the need for constant feedback from more senior engineers and know when to ask for help if blocked
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development experience.
- Strong Java/J2EE object-oriented design and development skills.
- Solid understanding of Web Standards (XML, Web Services (WS*, REST).
- SQL proficiency (MySQL experience is preferred).
- Familiar with JSP.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies or related iterative development processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns is a plus