Gravity IT Resources
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software supporting mission-critical business applications within the TAG IT merchandise accounting systems group. The position requires participation in the complete system development life cycle including post-implementation support. The Senior Developer provides technical consulting to management, and business users and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with the business units to identify business requirements for requested projects.
- Identify the technical requirements of projects.
- Analyze all aspects of the projects.
- Perform feasibility and cost/benefit analyses for proposed projects.
- Plan and organize tasks, report on project progress, and coordinate with additional development teams.
Development & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude for established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for development projects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze the performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of the team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensure compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Application server maintenance tasks such as software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
- Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 3+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 5+ years of Web Application Development experience in Java/J2EE environment including JPA, MVC frameworks, CSS, JSON/XML Technologies, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML.
- 5+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
- 2+ years experience with PL/SQL.
- 3+ years using Spring Boot and Spring Rest services.
- 3+ years of Angular/React JS experience.
- Business Objects/ APEX reporting tool experience a plus.
- Experience working in Message queues is considered a plus.
- Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
- Experience configuring application servers such as JBoss and Tomcat.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting.
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes is considered a plus.
- Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
- Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy is considered a plus.