Gravity IT Resources
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Application server maintenance tasks such as: software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
- Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 3+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 5+ years of Web Application Development experience in Java/J2EE environment including JPA, MVC frameworks , CSS, JSON/XML Technologies, Spring, Hibernate and HTML.
- 5+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
- 2+ years experience with PL/SQL.
- 3+ years using Spring Boot and Spring Rest services.
- 3+ years of Angular/React JS experience.
- Business Objects/ APEX reporting tool experience a plus.
- Experience working in Message queues considered a plus.
- Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
- Experience configuring application servers such as JBoss and Tomcat.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting.
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes considered a plus.
- Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
- Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy considered a plus.
- Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
- Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
- Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
- Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
- Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.